March 17, 2020
To our dear patients,
At Ultimate Physical Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Ultimate Physical Therapy include:
- We are wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our rooms are fully equipped with hand sanitizers.
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- We are only seeing 4 patients at a time and each patient have their own private rooms to ensure we have the recommended 6' distancing by CDC.
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendation.
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Ultimate Physical Therapy we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Ultimate Physical Therapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Ultimate Physical Therapy